Ocean Palms Apartments Online Application
Resident Selection Criteria
Equal Housing - We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation or national origin and will comply with state and federal fair housing and anti - discrimination laws.
Occupancy Standard - A maximum of (2) persons per bedroom are allowed.
Age - Lease holder (s) must be 18 years or older, unless head of household, Military under the age of 18 years, or a minor that has been emancipated. All occupants 18 years or older are required to complete an application, even if living with a parent or guardian.
Income - Gross monthly income of all lease holder (s) must equal at least 2.5 times the monthly rental amount. All income must be verifiable. Income does not include allowance form parents, scholarships or study subsidies.
Employment - Employment will be verified as part of our background checks.
Self Employment - If applicant is self employed, you must provide the previous year's personal income tax return and the previous 2 months personal bank statements as proof of sufficient income.
Rental History - Previous rental history will be reviewed and no negative rental history will be accepted. Negative rental history is determined by:
- Failure to pay rent timely.
- Evictions filed within the last three years; prior evictions may result in an automatic denial of your application.
- Damages in amounts exceeding $1000.00
- Repeated disturbances, not related to circumstances protected under Victims of Abuse Women's Act.
- Prior management references describing reports of drug dealing or manufacturing, gambling, or prostitution on the premises.
- Applicant may be denied for an outstanding debt or judgment to any prior landlord.
Criminal, Sex Offense, and Terrorist Database Check: We will check these databases for all occupants / lease holders over the age of 18. We do not lease to any person convicted of violent crimes against persons or property; prostitution; domestic violence; any crime involving the possession of weapons; or the manufacturing or distribution of illegal substances. All are grounds for denial of application. Criminal offenses will be evaluated based on type of offenses, how long ago you were convicted, your age at the time of offense, evidence of rehabilitation, and any other information you would like us to consider. Please provide details in writing long with any other supporting documentation you would like for us to consider.
Animals - A maximum of 2 pet (s) are permitted on the property. The following breeds or partial breeds are NOT PERMITTED: Rottweiler, Pit Bulls, Akita, Doberman, Chow, German Shepherd, Australian Shepherd and Husky. Exotic animals and reptiles are not accepted. Additional restrictions may apply. Pet rent and Pet fee will apply.
- Support animals are not considered pets and are allowed to reasonably accommodate a leaseholder or occupant. All support animals must be photographed by management prior to approval.
- A person who is bringing a support animal will need to provide documentation from a licensed health professional that describes the need for the support animal.
Application and Notification
- An application must be submitted for each applicant over the age of 18 years of age, or anyone deemed an adult under applicable law.
- A non - refundable application fee of $50 per person must be paid before an application will be processed.
- All applicants are required to present valid government - issued identification. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, non - U. S. citizen applicants may be required to present additional documentation proving applicants right to live in the US.
- An application does not constitute a lease agreement or offer to lease. No lease shall exist unless and until the landlord and applicant execute a lease agreement and application pays all required application fees.
- Falsification of any information on an application may result in the denial of the application. If application is falsified landlord may retain all deposits paid.
Co - signer or Guarantor - A cosigner / guarantor may be required in the case of ONE of the following:
- No rental history or home ownership in the past five years, or
- No employment (Students Only)
I understand and accept these qualifying standards and have truthfully answered all questions. I understand that falsification of rental Application information will lead to an automatic denial. I understand your ability to verify this information is limited to the information made available by the agencies and services used.
By choosing "I Agree" and continuing to the application you acknowledge that you have read and understand all of the above information.
Please choose "I Agree" to continue to the application.